Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Procrastination, running circles in my head,;

This week's gonna be a busy week for me to catch up with all my assignments and projects which are not done during my Chinese new year recess week! Got to rush to meet all the deadlines!

I think procrastination is all students' middle name! I procrastinate like nobody's business, and then get all panicky when I realised there's actually not enough time to complete my readings and assignments!

Its an annoying bad habit, and its so hard to get rid of it. The play first and work later mentality is not healthy for me! It makes me grumpy and impatient! Haha. Time to be diligent Theresa!

The other day, instead of studying, I went to download a few movies to watch. One of them was Law abiding citizen, starring Gerard Butler and Jamie Fox. Everybody was telling me how nice the movie was and all, but I was not very thrown away by it.

It just doesnt makes sense to me. That Gerard butler actually killed so many innocent people, and justifies it by saying that he does it so that the justice system can change. I mean, I understand where he's coming from, his vengeance and all, but the people he killed are also somebody else's family, and he's like no difference from the man who murdered and raped his wife and daughter.

The justice system is ever flawed. There's no such thing as true justice in this world, simply because man ourselves are flawed and imperfect. So, there will never be a perfect institution on earth as long as man is running it.

And I think justice is also subjective to different people. Like Gerard Butler, justice to him is not making any deal with the murderers, and even if Jamie Fox lost the case and let the two murderers walked free, its okay, because he didnt make a deal with the murderer. But for Jamie Fox, to him, justice is to try at least to put both prisoners behind the bars, even if it means making a deal with one of them. At least, they dont walk totally free.

Haha. It seems that I'm not very impressed with the movie. And its abit impossible for Gerard butler to burrow a tunnel into a high security prison right? Its even more grand than prison break lar! Haha.

But I also downloaded The blind side, and to me, it was an awesome movie! Nothing action drama, but its a movie that warms your soul and touches your heart. And whats more, its based on a true story.

I think racial discrimination and marginalisation is a rarely seen thing here in Singapore. But in countries such as America and the UK, I guess it is a very common thing. Ghettos, high crime rates mostly committed by the marginalised race, racial bashing etc.

It always breaks my heart to know that people judge each other by their skin colour. I know prejudices are inevitable, because of the environment that we are brought up in. But to discriminate is really a choice. We can all choose not to blatantly express our dislikes and hatred.

But well, I guess people are not very peaceable creatures. Thats why we still have wars and terrorism and conflicts.

But watching the blind side really encourages me, and show me that there are people out there who do not judge and who are willing to help and love those whom others condemned. Thats what we need in this dying, fallen world- more love!

Xingni, samuel and wayne are going off to phuket on Thursday, for a holiday getaway! I am so envious okay! I can see them running on the sandy beach, and snorkeling with the fishes in the clear, blue water. I WANT TO GO. I've never been there before, and I bet its great. I enjoy beach getaways. My last time was at Hilton beach resort with my mom, aunt and uncle at Sanya in Hainan Island. It was awesome okay! We had a sumptuous dinner on the sandy beach, under the stars, with a live band and campfire! I WANT TO GO PHUKET! *WHINES*

Oopsy daisy! Its late, I better turn in already! I must break my vicious cycle of sleeping late and waking up late. Need to fixed back my body clock yo!

STUDY HARD TURTLE! Uni fees dont come cheap!

Love,
Theresa 23rd Feb '10 11:26am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home