Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Convos on the bed;

My mom and I have heart to heart convos before we turn in each night, now that I sleep with her since dad's overseas.

The other night, she was just telling me how much she miss those times when my sis and I were babies and little kids. She reminisced on the times when young theresa runs around with her hair tied up in a ponytail, and where my sis is always clinging onto her.

My mom said that I was always hyperactive, that as a child, I cant seem to sit still. Haha. Thats so true. Even I can remember those days. How I learn to climb a tree from my indian friends, how I would do the most dangerous stunts in the playground, like jumping off a swinging swing at its peak etc etc.

My mom was also going on about how she used to dress val an I up like pretty princesses in similar clothes and socks and shoes, and how she will tie our hair. She said we were so easy to control then, and we always cry out "Mommy mommy!" with our cute little voices.

And I was like, "Mom, I also miss those days, cause those were the days when you DONT NAG!" Hahahaha.

Well, I believe that most of us do feel melancholic at times. Its nice reminiscing the good, old past. It brought smiles to my mom and I.

I really wonder what went through my mom's head as she held my sis and I in her arms for the first time. Did images of our future flash through her mind? or she is so captivated by our mere existence that she couldnt even think for that moment?

Every parents want their children to grow up to do great things, and to earn a decent living and most importantly, be happy. I wonder, if you were to tell a mom that the son she's holding in her arms is going to become a murderer in the future, how would her reaction be like?

Its like how a baby so pure can ever grow up to be an evil person, to take drugs, to kill, to rob, to solicit etc. But at the same time, the same little creature in the mother's hand can also grow to become a world shaker, someone so succesful.

Like, if you were to ask taylor swift's mom when she was holding baby swift 20 years ago, I believe she wouldnt have imagine that at the age of 20, taylor swift have already won 3 Grammys(if I'm correct).

Hmm, actually I dont even know where I'm going from here. Its just that when mom and I were having the convo, I was like thinking, how little children can grow and change so much. Lots of things can happen in the span of one year, or even a few days, to change a growing adolescent mindset and percerption of life.

Oh man, I've so much to say but its so dfficult to express in words. Nevertheless, when I were to have children next time, I'm going to heed my mom's advice and treasure their growing up years.

Speaking of children, I really hope I can get married next time and have like 5 cute kids. I dont know, i'm a bit too young for my biological clock to be ticking, but nowadays, I do entertain the though of being a mother. Its freaky, I know. When i shared that with my mother, she told me off. Haha. I know how the thought of pregnancy scares some girls, but it intrigues me instead. There's something so sacred about it. No wonder Jegan is always saying, a woman is never complete until she experiences motherhood!

Well, to sum it all up, I really enjoy talking to my mom everynight. Like, I get a peek into her thoughts and her life. Its good to know that there are times like these, when your mom can be your girlfriend!

I think being a parent is really not easy, and as a daughter or son, we should also play a part in bridging whatever gap there is, and not always expect our parents to understand us. If we dont give our parents a chance, then we'll always think they are some weird people that we'll always try to shake away.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So, I've just completed my introductory sign language workshop! It has been an awesome experience! I really enjoy it thoroughly, and I have plans to go for the basic sign language course at the association. Got to first check out the details and all first! I really do enjoy signing! I hope to get my sis to participate with me!:D :D

And I'm seriously having the craves for the eggtarts from KFC! Gonna spam it for dinner tommorrow! MUHAHAHAHHA! Eggtarts are yummlicious! I like eggs! Especially the yellowish, high in cholestrol egg yolk!

Love,
Theresa 4th feb '10 1:00am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home