Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Sunday;

The strength of a human heart is amazing.

I really understood what the sacrifice of praise and worship meant today during service. My arms literally felt too heavy to be lifted up to worship God, my voice seemed to be stuck somewhere. And its painful. But like what Willy said during bible study today, the Holy Spirit is our Comforter, my Comforter. The best place to be to seek solace is still in the House of God :D

I'm really really psyched to hear the good news that after so many unsuccessful attempt, the church has finally found the best plot of land to build our new church building on. Its really amazing, a promise from God coming to pass. I want to be a part of the Arise & Build campaign, to build this spiritual home of mine. I cant describe the elation and joy everyone of us felt today :D

I think everybody needs a best friend. I knew my bestie since Secondary 1, and what drew me to him was because he looked like my cousin. We've been through alot; drifted apart, Cold War blah blah blah, but still, he is always there. Someone once told me he does not believe that a platonic relationship can exist between a girl and a guy. A small part of me agrees with that. It had been tough. But it does not mean that it cant happen. I'm really thankful that till today, whenever I'm feeling down and out at 2am on a Sunday morning, my bestie will pick up his phone and make sure that I will be alright.

I'm also missing my other buddy, teo jingwen! The other person who've been through shit with me since Sec 1 too. And of course, not forgetting the crazy, good times. Havent been spending much quality time with her, which kinda sucks. She's been a very busy teacher lately. But I'm expecting for a meet up soon! :D

So, this week's been pretty pleasant, since tutorials have yet to be commence. Here are some stuff I did to pass my time:





XLB with my favourite girls. XLB is simply addictive!








Chomp chomp with marcus!


Today's also my sister's boyfriend's birthday! Got him topman giftcard cause according to mei, he adores topman. He got me a birthday present last year too, so got to repay the gesture. But more than that, he has been an awesome boyfriend to her, treating my baby sister so well and loving her so much. Its good to see my sister being so happy!

"Do you know what's worth fighting for?
When it's not worth dying for?
Does it take your breath away
And you feel yourself suffocating?

Does the pain weigh out the pride?
And you look for a place to hide?
Did someone break your heart inside?
You're in ruins

One, 21 guns
Lay down your arms, give up the fight
One, 21 guns
Throw up your arms into the sky, you and I

When you're at the end of the road
And you lost all sense of control
And your thoughts have taken their toll
When your mind breaks the spirit of your soul

Your faith walks on broken glass
And the hangover doesn't pass
Nothing's ever built to last
You're in ruins"

- Green Day


Some songs just touched you so personally because they're so raw.

Love,
Turtle 17th Jan '10 11.59pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home