Sunday, January 24, 2010

Man are complicated;

You know how, as a christian, we're taught to love our neighbour as ourselves. And how God loved everybody, and so should we; to treat people around us with love and compassion.

And of course, how some people would say that ALL MAN ARE EQUAL.

But I realised, on our part, it can be difficult. Because of the environment we grow up in, we all develop some form of prejudices, and some of us will begin to discriminate. I mean, its very obvious what.

All the PRCs jokes and foreign workers phobia and all (plus many more).

Well, sometimes, because of bad experiences, we begin to build upon such prejudices, and share with the people around. AND THEN, we begin to generalise. ALL [insert particular race] are LIKE THAT!

And sometimes I'm out with friends and they will talk about it, and we will laugh about it and all. But after that, I just get very sick with myself. I mean, hey, we get all upset when we heard that chinese are being discriminated in australia. And we call them racist.

ARENT WE TOO? And sometimes, it seems we're discriminating our race even, and proudly proclaim the fact that we're Singaporean chinese, stressing on "SINGAPOREAN".

I dont know. I just feel quite sensitive about this (especially regarding the china people). Maybe because working for my aunt had allowed me to made friends with china workers, who are really awesome and hardworking. And the other time as well, helping a group of china students for their orientation over here in Singapore. The woman whom I go to have my eyebrows thread is also from China, and she is very service-oriented and treats you really well.

I feel they are all great people. Really great. And very friendly too. So I think thats how such prc comments became very personal to me. I mean, its bad enough that they have to leave all behind and travel all the way to Singapore to study or work or whatever. And then, still having to be looked down upon.

I mean, yeah, they can speak really loud sometimes, and for some reasons, Singaporeans just get so easily irritated by them. But I guess, knowing some personally and working with some of them before kinds of help me to overlook any negative aspect that people are always pointing out.

So anyway, I've just accumulated bile in my stomach, and anytime soon, I really have to throw up. Just went to one of my favourite blogger's website and she posted this real life account of what went through the mind of this Japanese cannibal as he murdered and ate up this Dutch lady. I'm sill giddy after reading it. Plus, there were photos of her body okay!

I enjoy watching criminal minds, learning about the different crimes of man and their sick, twisted minds. And of course, there were cannibalistic cases as well. But I dont get like really gross out.

But reading the account on the blog, I seriously felt so sick. He was writing it like a love story okay? And the photos were awfully gruesome. And when I saw them, I was like "Hey, its a real dead body there. Its not a dummy corpse." And like, omg, its just so overwhelming.

And guess what? This cannibal was accquitted of his crime lar! I dont know how, and he even became a mini Japanese celebrity. I expect there was a huge outcry from the Dutch. But GAGS! Where's justice? This crime is inhumane okay! They should at least lock him up in an asylum or something. But anyway, he's an old man now! Probably he will burn in hell when he dies.

You know, how God forgives us of all our sins?

Sometimes, I think murder is too big a sin to be forgiven.

But then again, I'm not God.

theresa 24th jan '10 10:24pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home