Wednesday, January 20, 2010

If I were to drink Amortentia, I will smell the pages of new book;

Amortentia: Most powerful love potion in the world.

What it does: Causes the drinker to become obsessed with the one who gave them the potion.

Characteristics: Smells differently to everybody, according to what attracts us :D

For Hermione, she can smell freshly mown grass and new parchment and I expect Ron. Haha. I think for me, it would be the smell of new books, hot chocolate, baby johnson blue colour body soap.... aaahhh.

Went out for dinner with my dear Kathy today. While waiting for her at JP, I went to Harris' to look at the books. I simply love hanging out at bookshops!

And the Lost Symbol by Dan Brown was on 20% off! Since it was published, I've always wanted to get it. But the price was abit too hefty. So since there's a discount, I quickly grab the opportunity. Saved 10 bucks! Haha. Bought it for $38. Quite alright actually. I bought my 5th to 7th Harry Potter books as soon as they came out, so it was like $50 plus I think! More expensive.

So, had dinner at mos burger with kathy. We finally got to meet up after a few months! Really happy! It was a great catched up today. We just kept talking and talking, like in our jc days. She got me earrings and necklace from f21! :D

After dinner, we just walked around the mall, and we came back to Harris, and guess what! I found The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold! I think it was Lengshan who told me that this is a great book. And I've never really thought of reading it until now, cause the movie is coming to cinemas already. And I was really tempted to buy it. And I bought it! :D :D :D

I'm so happy today, because I've got two great books that are waiting to be read, and because its great meeting kathy again!

I enjoy buying books alot. I know to some its a waste of money, because you can borrow them from the library. But to me, its kind of like a collector's item. Like how people collect stamps or soccer merchandises or whatever. Of course, its an expensive form of hobby. And you need like space too, to arrange your books (which I lack because my house's too small already.) So, next time, I should devote one room of my house and design it as my personal library! Haha.

"To live in the world without becoming aware of the meaning of the world is like wandering about in a great library without touching the books"

- The Secret Teachings of All Ages


Love,
Turtle 20th Jan '10 10:56pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home