Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dad Abroad;

Dad flew to Doha on Sunday night for business trip. Doha is in the Middle East, part of the United States of Emirates (UAE). And Mommy cried!

My dad used to travel overseas alot when he was in the army, because he had to conduct trainings or undergo trainings abroad. Sometimes for a week, sometimes more. So, its quite a normal thing for my dad to travel around, and the family's used to it. But this time, Mommy cried, and it made me really sad too. I felt like crying as well, but then sometimes, its better to keep your emotions in check, so Mom at least would have someone to lean on and comfort her. If we all start crying, it is going to be more emotional and painful.

I think this time, Mom cried because she's looking ahead, as this would be Daddy's final trip to Doha, before coming back and then leaving again to work there for two years. So I guess she was really sad.

When Dad leaves to work there, Grandma, Sis and I will definitely be sad. But I'm sure none will feel the pain as much as Mom. See, at least Sis and I have our friends and school and other activities to keep us occupied. While Mommy has her work, its not enough to keep her from thinking and missing her husband. The man she has been living with for 21 years.

But Mom still encourages Dad to pursue his dream, thats why she never objected him to go to the Middle East, even though she knows there will be a temporary seperation. She doesnt want him to look back one day, and regret for not doing what he wanted to do at his prime.

I really think thats the mark of love, of true love, unconditional love, whatever you call it. Around me, I see friends in relationships which are so suffocating, so possessive. They fight often, quarrel, and get really unhappy and tired of each other. But at the end of the day, they are still together. Why? They claimed cause they love each other. They claimed its because they love each other alot, which explains some of the possessive and suffocative behaviour. When I hear that, I can only laugh.

Not only Mommy, but I see how my unlce sacrifice his time and even his business, to take care of my aunt during this period of time when she is ill. The amount of patience, love and effort he put towards caring her touches me greatly. Its so tiring and draining, but yet, he is still there for her. 24/7.

I'm not sure how many of us takes more than we give in a relationship. And for those who takes, how many are actually truly appreciative of such acts of giving and love?

People now uses the word love like tissue paper. So easily, without thinking. Love is a four letter word, but it actually have a whole magnitude of things inside, such as sacrifice, patience, understanding, tolerance... But now, love is being cheapened. And people delude themselves, as they want to believe that they are being loved. So we see friends who keep "break and patch, break and patch" in a relationship, or we see friends hopping around from one person to another looking for what they call LOVE.

I dont know why I'm talking about this, but I was really touched by my Mom's love for my Dad. And when I look around me and see friends or people talking about love, I get very angry and I feel its so ridiculous, because actually they dont know anything about it. Me, myself, is guilty as charged, in the past at least. But know, I've learnt much more already. I guess 1 Corinthians 13 defines LOVE the best. Of course, there is no such thing as perfect love, because nobody is perfect. But that doesnt mean we cant love the right way.

Love is patient,
love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.


On a lighter note, we all skyped with Daddy yesterday night! Ohhk! Its my first time skyping, and I think its really cool, and the best form of communication for long distance calls. Free somemore! I mean, you can talk through the phone, but you cant see the person at the other end right? But you can hold coversations and look at the other party at the same time when you skype! So we chatted with Dad for quite awhile before he went to take his nap, before his dinner. Its about a 7 hour difference in the time zone. And then we skyped once more after his nap, before we turn in. It was fun! Haha.

It really closes up the distance. Its so true that technology these days makes the world shrink. Haha. So I guess, it wouldnt actually be that bad once Dad leaves to Doha for the two years. At least we can still talk to him, as though he's in the room. I feel really sympathetic for those people who lived in the past. No phone lines, whats more a computer. So they can only write letters, which takes damn long to be delivered during those times, probably 2 weeks or more. Must be suffering. Well, thank God I'm living in the technology era.

Driving lesson later after work! So excited. I think this lesson we'll go to the main road already. Drove in circles and at a damn low speed the other time (my first lesson). The car stalled once or twice, but other than that I thought I was pretty alright! Haha. Now, I just have to concentrate on my FTT, passed in on my first try, and then concentrate wholly on my practical!

Anyway, today's a friend's birthday. A friend I think I've lost. A friendship so strong, but got lost suddenly. I think its my fault, but still, I wished this friend a Happy Birthday, hoping and hoping, we'll get back like in the past.

And today's also Jalaine's knee operation. I think she's quite nervous, but she just kept complaining about having to fast from 12am last night to 12nn today when she cannot even tahan for 2 hours. Haha. Am praying for her op to go smoothly and successfully, and hope that she recovers really really well and fast, so that she can play basketball again!

Love,
Turtle 1:35pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home